Red Supplements Protein Powder Review: Best Tasting Post-Workout Available?
I was a little “iffy” about buying Red Supplements Protein Powder. I’ll be real – the price concerned me. Luckily, the protein lived up to the hype – and amazing flavor.
See, I’m a supplement nut. Maybe a nerd. I love to try out different supplements and brands. When Red Supplements released Red Monkey and Red Focus, I was quick to put in my order. Experimenting has become a part of life.
But paying nearly $2 a serving for protein powder? I wasn’t too sold on that. Luckily, it was around the holidays, so I figured I splurge on myself and try out “Ice Cream Protein” for a month.
And I’m glad I did. While no honest Red Supplements Protein Powder Review would not mention the higher-than-average price tag, there’s a lot to love about this protein supplement.
My Experience With Red Supplements Protein Powder
I purchased one bag of White Vanilla Ice Cream Elite Whey Protein Powder from Red Supplements. I consumed the protein over the course of a month.
While the product was pricey, I did find noticeable benefits over cheaper protein powders. Potentially anecdotal, I did notice my injury recovery from a partial rotator cuff improved after consuming this product for a few weeks.
Red Supplements Protein Powder Review: The Good
Like I said, there’s a lot to love when reviewing Red Supplements Protein Powder. I was impressed for a variety of reasons, including:
- Fantastic Taste: I’ve yet to taste a protein powder with a better flavor. Straight up – Red Supplements Protein Powder tastes like a smooth ice cream shake. The vanilla ice cream flavor mixes perfectly with a little ice and almond milk. If you don’t consume sweets (like me), you’ll almost feel guilty downing one these shakes post-workout. The flavor is amazing.
- Ideal Ingredient Profile: Red Supplements Protein Powder is an all-natural, non-GMO product made from grass-fed cows. There’s no fake shit here. There’s nothing that’ll make you wonder what you’re putting into your body. Everything in this product is real and healthy for you. Just look through the ingredients and nutrient profile:
- No Amino Spiking: Speaking of all-natural and real, Red Supplements doesn’t engage in amino spiking like the majority of other supplement companies. Many major protein powder providers don’t meet their label claims. You’ll often find 1 brand claiming to have 24 grams of protein per serving only containing 12-17 grams of protein per serving. Red Supplements Protein Powder actually contains the 24 grams of protein in every serving it claims to.
- No Artificial Sweeteners: Going along with ideal ingredients, Red Supplements doesn’t use any artificial sweeteners in their products. The company only uses vanilla, stevia, and non-GMO dextrose to flavor their products. While this means the product does have a little extra sugar content compared to the amino spiked, artificially sweetened protein you’re used to – it also means the product is better for you, too. The sugar content isn’t a bad thing post-workout, either.
- Smooth Texture: Some cheaper protein powders require a lot of mixing and masking to gulp down. The texture of most proteins just isn’t good. It chunky and chalky. Red Supplements Protein Powder is smooth. The product blends like an ice cream shake. Elite Whey has the best texture of any protein powder I’ve tried to date.
- Legit Supplement Company: While not sounding like a fanboy, Red Supplements is a legit supplement company that you can trust. The company is run by two internet hustlers that put their reputation on the line to build this brand. They stand behind their products and strive to run the company with integrity, which is a rarity in the supplements industry.
- Fasting Shipping: I’ve been impressed with the quick shipping and customer services from Red Supplements. They charge $5.95 for shipping within the United States and claim most orders arrive within 5-7 business days. However, all of my orders have arrived within 3-4 business days. I even wrote Red customer service to see if they could get me some protein before I left for Colombia and the packaged arrived in 3 days. That’s quick!
Red Supplements Protein Powder Review: The Bad & The Ugly
No supplement is perfect. There’s side effects, pricing, and more that can turn a great product sour. Luckily, Red Supplements Protein Powder doesn’t have much of a downside. There are no side effects, but I did have a few minor complaints:
- Price Tag: At $37.99 for 18 servings, this protein isn’t cheap. That’s a little more than $2 per serving. When looking for an average protein on Amazon, you can find products for around $0.75 per serving. Still, like everything in life, you get what you pay for. Red Supplements Protein Powder is an exceptionally high-quality product. Overall, the price is justified.
- Sugar Heavy: As there are no artificial sweeteners here, the sugar content is higher than other proteins. This also adds to the incredible flavor. While this can be a negative if you’re consuming protein shakes on off-days, the extra sugar is actually a benefit when taking a protein shake post-workout. The extra calories and sugars aid in recovery.
The Best Post-Workout Shake of All-Time
I’ve quickly become a fan of the White Vanilla Ice Cream Elite Whey Protein from Red Supplements. The delicious flavor is easy to down with some water after the gym, but it also pairs well in smoothies.
I’ve started making delicious smoothies after my workouts. The combination of my Magic Bullet and Red Supplements Elite Whey Protein is a definitive win. Here’s what I’ve been mixing up:
- 1 Scoop White Vanilla Ice Cream Protein Powder
- 1 handful organic blueberries (frozen)
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 2 cups almond milk (no sugar added)
Blend it all up in a Magic Bullet and give it a try. It’s delicious. Like candy or ice cream. I don’t eat sweets, so this post-workout shake feels like cheating. It’s so damn good.
Red Supplements Protein Powder Review: Overall Verdict
Guys on a budget may not be able to afford this product, but men looking to maximize gains and stay healthy will love Red Supplements Protein Powder. It truly is the best tasting protein powder on the market.